Things to read
Church of England Papers
- Five pastoral principles for engaging with discussions on matters of sexuality
- Braver and safer. This is useful, and section seven will give those with a traditional view some comfort.
- The Church of England's Living in Love and Faith Book (pdf)
- Martin Davie, Glory God in your Body (pdf). Commended by CEEC.
- Martin Davie, LLF - A Biblical Response (pdf). Helpful, focussed and concise.
- Martin, Davie, Living in Love and Faith. A Concise Introduction & Review
- Ed Shaw, Purposeful Sexuality: A Short Christian Introduction (via Amazon).
- Lee Gatiss, Where next for same-sex marriage? (pdf)
- Martin Davie, Why Issues of Human Sexuality are Not Adiaphora (pdf)
- CEEC, Guarding the Deposit (pdf)
- CEEC, Gospel, Church & Marriage (pdf)
- The Presbyterian Church of America's Report on Sexuality (pdf)
- The Vatican, Does the Church have the power to give the blessing to unions of persons of the same sex? (a helpful perspective from Rome)
Church Society Blog Posts
- Honest disagreement
- Initial thoughts
- Theological Reflection
- The Spirit of Truth
- Handling the Bible
- What did Paul know about same-sex relationships?
- The responsibility of bishops
- Ian Paul
- LLF for Dummies by Andrew Goddard
- Living Out